In order to use this feature, you must have an email address that is set up through an Exchange server, or an Outlook.com email account.
Follow the steps below depending on how you use Outlook:
Method 1 (Recommended):
To gain access to the latest Act! 365 Contact Link features, please use instructions below while we are in the process of adding this to the Microsoft app store.
- Download the latest version of the Act! 365 Contact Link by clicking here.
- Browse to the location that the file was downloaded to and unzip it (Right click > Extract all)
- In Outlook click File > Manage Add-ins (If logged in to Outlook via the web app, click the cogwheel in the top right-hand corner then select either Manage Add-ins or Manage Apps)
- Click the + symbol and select 'Add from a file'
- Click Browse and navigate to the 'Act365-Contact-Link.xml' that you downloaded in step 1
- Click Open
- Click Next
- Click Install
- Click OK
Please note that if the app is installed using the below methods, you may not receive the latest features including Tracking Analytics.
Part 1: Installing the App
When logged into Exchange from an installed version of Outlook 2013 or 2016
- In Outlook, click File > Manage Add-ins
- If prompted, login to your Exchange account, otherwise proceed to step 3
- At the top of the page, click the hyperlink that reads “Find more apps for Outlook at the Office Store…”
- In the search box, type Act! 365 Contact Link, then press Enter to search (apologies, it's still using our old brand name and are working on getting it updated!)
- In the search results, choose Act! 365 Contact Link
- Click Add
- When prompted to confirm, read the permissions, then click Yes to accept and proceed with the installation of the app
When Logged into Exchange in the Outlook Web App (OWA)
- In the top right, next to your name, click the cogwheel and select Manage apps
Note: If you do not have the Manage apps click Options > General > Manage add-ins
- Under installed apps, click the plus symbol and choose Add from the Office Store
- Follow steps 4 – 7 in the section above
When logged into an Outlook.com account
- From your Inbox, click the cogwheel in the top-right corner of the screen, then select Manage integrations
- Type Act! 365 Contact Link into the search box, then press Enter (apologies, it's still using our old brand name and are working on getting it updated!)
- Click Act! 365 Contact Link
- Above the Description, look for a switch that reads “Off”, then click the switch to turn it on
Part 2: Connecting the App to your Act! 365 database
- Open any message in Outlook
- Below the Message header information, click Act! 365 Contact Link
- Enter your Act! 365 log-on credentials
- Click Submit